The Joseph B. Whitehead Foundation seeks to improve K-12 education at the state level and within Atlanta Public Schools. The Foundation believes that education is key to creating opportunity and ending generational poverty for children in our community.
- Systemic improvements to public K-12 education in Georgia, including initiatives to improve educational standards, teacher quality and school leadership development
- Support of the Achieve Atlanta initiative to help Atlanta Public Schools students graduate from high school and successfully pursue and complete post-secondary education
- Development and expansion of charter schools in Atlanta Public Schools with broad private support, high academic standards and a track record of success
What We Do Not Fund
- Organizations outside of metro Atlanta
- Individual public schools or school programs
- Private schools