For additional questions about our grantmaking process or programs, please contact Jenny Zhang Morgan at email@example.com.
Before You Apply
However, we do not require organizations to operate for a minimum number of years before considering a grant. Rather, we consider organizations with a strong executive and board leadership, a track record of sustainable operations, a broad base of financial support, and proven program effectiveness.
Applying for Funding
- Ensure your organization meets the Foundation’s eligibility requirements.
- Visit our Previous Grants page to gain an understanding of the types of projects we have funded in the past.
- Reach out to the Foundation well before the grant deadline to determine if your request is a fit for funding. First-time grantseekers may submit an informal inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Secure other funding (in hand or pledges) before submitting a request. Typically, we prefer not to be the only or the lead funder of an initiative. You should make significant fundraising progress with other donors, including your board, before approaching the Foundation for a grant. The Foundation will not make a grant without confidence that you can meet your fundraising goal.
- February 1 – Requests received by the first business day on or after February 1 will be considered at the April meeting of our Board of Trustees. You will receive a letter notifying you of the Trustees’ decision within one week of their meeting.
- August 15 – Requests received by the first business day on or after August 15 will be considered at the November meeting of our Board of Trustees. You will receive a letter notifying you of the Trustees’ decision within one week of their meeting.
After the Decision
If no conditions are specified, the Foundation will disburse funds based on the timing of the funded project.
- Grantees: If you have a new and extraordinary one-time need, we may consider your request. However, we typically do not provide additional support for projects or campaigns the Foundation has already funded. The Foundation will also not consider new requests without having received a grant report for the most recently funded request.
- First-time grantseekers: We cannot be encouraging about grant requests already declined. Unless otherwise encouraged, please do not submit the same request in a different grant cycle.
Applicants from other schools may contact Jenny Zhang Morgan () or our current for details on our application process. Generally, we publicize the Fellowship in late fall and accept applications through mid-January. Interviews typically begin in February, and a final decision is made no later than April. Fellows start their appointment on August 1 and end on July 31 one year later.